An opportunity like this doesn’t come along often, so we wanted to let the world know! We are growing and seeking new talent in the social and media relations field.
As you may know, public relations and social media are intimately related fields today. It seems that many of the traditional PR experts aren’t necessarily savvy on the latest social media or platforms, and we need someone who can smoothly go back and forth between the two disciplines.
Check out the details below, and please get in touch!
CURRENT POSTING: SOCIAL & MEDIA RELATIONS STRATEGIST (September 2017)
Are you savvy in all the latest social media platforms, building relationships with media and online influencers, and pitching story ideas? We’re looking for someone with superior written, verbal and online skills to build creative content and make it shareable and unique.
This position will start out with 20 hours per week and likely build to full-time for a person who works efficiently and has diverse skills. This job can be based in Calgary or Vancouver and you will have flexible work hours and the option to work from home or office. Tenato also provides a comprehensive benefits package to employees after an initial probation period.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage social media accounts, including initial set-up and client onboarding.
- Create and curate engaging written content on behalf of a variety of clients.
- Coordinate with SEO, Media Buyer, and Graphic Design associates to organize social media advertising and visual content.
- Consult with clients as to media opportunities and story angles.
- Develop news releases and media kits.
- Build and maintain an active media and social influencer list in various areas.
- Help determine brand “voice” and content guidelines for clients.
- Monitor media for news relevant to our clients.
- Grow and interact with social media communities.
- Analyze and report on relevant social media analytics.
- Degree or Diploma in marketing, social media or public relations from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and LinkedIn. Ad buying experience on these platforms also an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated integrity and professionalism through social media.
- Certifications/or training Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google, WordPress and various social media platforms. SEO skills are a strong asset.
- $20 – $30/h to start, depending on experience.
If you think you are the right candidate for this position, we would love to hear from you. Please submit a cover letter, resume, a few examples of your published written work, and any of your social media handles that would be indicative of how you use social media, through http://www.tenato.com/careers/. Writing examples can include posts from a social media campaign, a blog article, website content, or a news release. These examples can be sent as a pdf, a Word document, or a link if available online.