Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all our wonderful clients, suppliers, friends and colleagues. We’re being “blessed” with a VERY white Christmas here in Calgary, and although the roads are a complete mess, the snow has certainly gotten us all in the spirit!
Here are some of Team Tenato’s top “moments” of 2013, just for fun….
– Tamania pulling off a 3 course Pakistani meal for 8 people using only Tupperware and a microwave…. and then making time to shoot the team’s photos…after running straight from picture day at her daughter’s daycare! Superwoman??
-Amanda giving everyone social media training….to some admitted fear and skepticism. And then seeing the team rally and the followers quadruple over a 5 week period. Yay Amanda!
– Susan strategizing a deal with Orange Door to send a client’s rural mail without actually having to mail it — what a crazy situation that was!
– Mike helping us impress a impress a prospect with his collection of Star Trek toys.
– Jacqueline (me) playing my guitar, and singing, at a pitch meeting for a prospective client’s entire marketing team….we weren’t sure if the Associate or the client was more surprised.
– Michele and I pulling a near all-nighter at her place, working on last minute RFP deadline for a client — only to have the client learn the next day that there would be a full-week extension.
-Michele being so inspired by the whole experience she writes a colourful email, which I interpret as a hook for a new song. The tune is called “I love you but your KILLING me.”
– Countless solicitations by Jacqueline to the team asking “What experience do you guys have in the (_____) industry??
– The whole team putting in the grandest conceivable effort for a tourism RFP bid….which has still not been awarded.
– Susan and I attending a boot camp style fitness class for a new client who was in the business. I died from dizzy exhaustion. She sailed through it — and later confessed she had completed her qualification to be a personal trainer years ago! (Whew – but I still felt like a really old lady by not making it through the class….luckily I’ve attended many more and gotten better at it!)
– Tamania enlisting her in-house child labour (honourary Tenato Associate daughter…aged 2) to personally test a selection of indoor playgrounds around Calgary. That’s guerilla market research. She even included exact quotations from the wee one such as, “It’s cool and nice!”
– Admitted Luddite Sheila Weaver joins Twitter and makes her first Tweet. Way to go Sheila!
– The day Amanda and Tamania both brought healthy cookies and muffins in for me into Tenato…there must have been something in the air. Or was I looking weak or thin from recent workout failures?
– True Media’s Carolle and Krista showing us what Google Adwords really should do! You guys are aces in all you do. Thank you!
Also, special thanks to Little Rock, Emerson Clarke and Orange Door for above & beyond the call of duty service this year.
And all of our outstanding clients (whose identities we do keep private) – we’re looking forward to another great year with you!
Love you guys….thank you for making everything worth it! Here’s to an even greater 2014!