I was thrilled to attend the Globe Forum in Vancouver (March 14 – 16), which is a technology show focused on emerging clean and renewable energy technologies. Not only were there many fantastic speakers, but simply meeting many tech entrepreneurs was quite inspiring:
- A company that makes building materials similar to concrete from biomass waste.
- A company that has a new system for modular rechargeable batteries.
- A company that sells hydroponic growing technology to communities in the far north, so they don’t have to ship fresh food from so far away.
It was also wonderful to hear speakers from all walks of life speak about their news of the future. Some of the best ones included:
- Annette Verschuren, an Order of Canada recipient and energy storage entrepreneur who said, “the transformation of the Energy Sector will be led by indigenous communities.”
- Leor Rothchild who said, “it’s not enough to be a clean fish in a dirty pond. We have to clean up the whole pond,” and spoke about Canadian values, encouraging the use of a new hashtag #DoBusinesslikeaCDN.
- Robert F. Kennedy Junior, who said, “Trump is dismantling the science establishment, and accelerating what has been happening for 40 years: putting the polluters in control.”
There is so much to think about moving forward. At Tenato, we know how hard energy companies in Western Canada are working to make headway, and we believe that both renewable energy and clean innovations for hydrocarbon energy are necessary to find a solution to global climate change. Thousands of engineers are working on these problems as we speak. If you are one of them, we’re here to help you get through to the markets you need to reach. That’s what we call “helping the good guys win!”